Google Maps talk
Update: I posted some notes and links from the talk.
I’m giving a talk at Google tonight at 6pm about the election maps I’ve been working on. I’ll be talking about:
- How to use the same code for a mapplet, a Google Gadget, and a Maps API map
- Turn shape files into map tiles, polygons, and markers
- Collect voting results into JSON objects
- Marker madness - can we make it fast enough?
- Hosting on Google Code and Amazon S3
- A custom Twitter map using Jabber to track keywords
I’ll follow up tomorrow with links to the resources I mention in the talk, and then will post a series of articles going into some of the topics in more detail. If you are at the talk or watch the YouTube video, let me know in the comments what areas are of most interest for follow-on articles.
To register for the talk: http://sv-gtug-4.eventbrite.com/